Sunday, March 14, 2010

STILL Tight Quad

I guess I can't expect muscles to repair overnight...I can only dream right?  My right quad is still tight/sore.  When I knelt at church this morning I could feel "the burn"!!  I now know a good way to stretch my quad, just kneel and lean back a little.  Or the ol' grab your foot behind your back and bring the foot towards your head...owie!!


Sharon & I went for another ride today.  Our usual 8 miles in a local golf course community.  It was a great day for a ride; dry, sunny (somewhat) and not terribly cold.  We finished our 8 miles in a little faster time, burned 267 calories and neither of us dropped dead or crashed!!  Now I'd say that is a success!!  We talked about maybe soon increasing our distance and/or adding a walk on after the ride.  Do our own little "BRICK" (bike & run/walk) work-out.  When we begin our "official" TriBabe work-outs in May we will be doing Bricks weekly and swimming in the lake weekly (can you say, "Honey, thanks for the AMAZING bike but I think I need a wet suit now"!).


Oh, before I forget, I wanted to let you all know how I had to justify my bike ride today to my 11 year old daughter who wanted me to take her to the Y for public swim.  She tells me she wanted me to take her to the Y while her brother was at practice to which I tell her I couldn't because I was going on a bike ride with Ms. Sharon, to which she says, "well, you don't HAVE to".  It was right about that time my blood boiled and head exploded.  I firmly (and perhaps a little loudly) informed how that was the one thing I was doing for myself today, and yes, you are right, I don't have to but there are a lot of things I don' t have to do but I do, like, let you watch your favorite TV's shows this evening or let you go to your friends house next time you ask...you get the picture.  I just want all you moms out there to not feel guilty when you do something for YOU.  You need to make YOU a priority.  Some of you probably aren't even on your list of priorities but you NEED to be.  Maybe not #1, maybe not #2 but somewhere!


I guess I will get off my soap box and close for today.  The rain is suppose to be coming back so looks like my next few work-outs will be indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment