Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Officially Registered for Danskin Tri!!!!

It is official, I am registered for the Danskin Triathlon in Seattle August 15th!!!  Woo who!!  I was so nervous this a.m. thinking I may not get in as I heard it fills up rather quickly, say in a matter of hours and sometimes minutes!!  But I got in and it is actually still open, so nothing to worry about!!


I am doing pretty go on my "low sugar/low carb" program.  I have had a couple of weak moments today though, but was still pretty good!


Did the elliptical this evening and per my friend Sharon's suggestion, tried one of the "programs" and it kicked my booty!!  I usually just do it on manual and just recently have began increasing the resistance and the program I picked used some levels of resistance that I had never touched before!!  Toward the end of the 30 min. program I had to lower the resistance some as my HR was up quite high and I really wanted to finish the program, even if that meant at a lesser resistance.  I finished and by the end had burned a whopping 443 calories!!  That is the most I have burned in one work-out in a VERY long time, let's just say I can't even remember!!


I have high hopes of going for a bike ride with Sharon tomorrow a.m. but I'm afraid the weather isn't going to cooperate.  If it looks like rain, I may head to the pool right after I drop the kids off at school.    I could even still meet her early afternoon for a ride if it clears up....there is a thought....a double work-out!!  I guess if I expect to do a triathlon, doing a swim in the a.m. and a bike in the p.m isn't too much to ask.


Asta manyana!!

No comments:

Post a Comment