Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ridin' in the cold!!

Well, winter has finally decided to come to the Great Northwest!!  We are having some below freezing temps and even a little snow flurry yesterday!!  Headed out for a bike ride with my friend Sharon this morning in a chilly 28 degrees!!  I think it warmed up to about 36 or 37 by the time we arrived back to our cars.  We rode the 8 mile ride I did last week through one of the golf course neighborhoods we live near.  It was nice.  Didn't get my  heart rate up as high as last time but sustained a lower rate for longer.  We had a great ride!!  It is so nice training with a friend.  We are going to meeting tomorrow evening at the track to do some of the running training Lisa B. gave us on Saturday!!

Oh, I almost forgot...I did end up getting on the elliptical yesterday for 25 minutes.  I really need to start working on core strength in conjunction with all this cardio!!  Sharon is going to give me a copy of a yogo dvd so I can begin that a few days a week as well!!

So far so good...I am however icing my knee as I type as it is bothering me a bit now.  Didn't at all on the ride but once done I have this burning sensation in it....???  Just old I guess!!

Until tomorrow!!  Can't wait to see how my legs respond to running again after Saturday's workshop.  STILL a little sore ;-)  No pain no gain right??  That is what a very wise cross country coach used to tell me back in high school!!

No comments:

Post a Comment