Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I'M BAAAACK!!!

I don't know about you but I can tell it is baseball season.  I haven't posted anything for several days.  Well, not a whole lot of training to catch up on as I took 3 days of rest (DOR) Fri., Sat. AND Sun.  I didn't really intend on doing so but with the kids home and running around to baseball practices and basketball games it was a little hectic and it just simply did not happen.  To top it off I wasn't being very good on either of my weight loss plans, WW or BFC (that would be weight watchers of belly fat cure).  I wasn't horrible but wasn't on track.  I still made better choices than I did before I started all this.

Sharon and I did go on a bike ride yesterday, 8 miles.  We are picking up the pace a little.  What took us 50 minutes the 1st time and 46 minutes 2nd time took us only 43 yesterday.  I know it isn't much but every little bit counts and it means we are getting in better shape!!

I took new measurements yesterday for the BFC plan I am "trying" to do.  It is sooo hard to not eat sugar.  It is in EVERYTHING!!  But I am trying.  No real change from Friday's measurements.  Basically I think I lost 1.5" in my waist doing the BFC plan and down a few lbs.  My scale is not very consistent so I can't really judge by weight.  I am having difficulty trying to do both WW & BFC.  I think it can be done, I just have to calculate everything before I eat or prepare to make sure I can stay w/in my WW pts.  I figured up my WW pts. this morning after I had breakfast after my swim and was VERY surprised to see I had pretty much consumed all my pts. for the day!!  Guess it is salad for me for the rest of the day!  Also all my carbs for the day per the BFC plan.  Oh well, live & learn!!

If you didn't catch it, I went for a swim this a.m. after dropping kids off at school.  I had THE best swim yet! I think part of it that the head cold is finally gone and I used the little pool boey between my knees.  This made it so I couldn't use my legs at all so I didn't get winded so easily.  I was able to do 3 laps consecutively, then still w/o stopping really, did backstroke or breaststroke for 2 laps, then did 4 laps consecutively!!  Yippee!!  I am actually improving!!  I am VERY excited about this because the swim is what I am the most apprehensive about.  I even did a few flip turns, although I went a little too deep but did them nonetheless!!

Sharon and I are meeting this evening while 2 of my boys are at baseball practice to do a track work-out.  I really don't like these but I'm thinking this is where my cardio is really improving.

Well, I think that is it for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment