Thursday, March 18, 2010

Progressing Nicely...

Boy, I need to get caught up!! Yesterday, Wednesday, I did end up swimming in the a.m. and biking in the afternoon.  Although my swim didn't seem too productive, I have to give myself points for even going as it was my first time back in over a week since I got this head cold (which is trying really hard to go away but lingering nonetheless).

 I did go on the bike ride with my friend Sharon, fellow TriBabe/Tri Turtle Tri competitor.  We had a most awesome ride.  Went a little further than usual, about 8.6 miles and averaged a little faster speed and didn't need to stop really any all other than to take a drink of water.  The ride felt good although afterwards my left knee started bothering me again.  As soon as it did, I took some ibuprophen and that seemed to help quite a bit.  It only lasted that evening and I was able to do an interval track work-out with Sharon this evening. We did a 1/2 mi. warm-up, stretched and then I did 2 repeat 200's and 2 repeat 100's and some more stretching...can I just say interval work is not my favorite!!  My quad felt tight as soon as I started the 100's but was fine doing the 200's. It seems as soon as I try to pick up the pace it clamps down.  Will just have to ease into my running work.

I think I will get back on the elliptical and burn more record # calories tomorrow!!  WI was today and I was down another 1 lb. for a grand total of 13.2. I felt as if I'd lost more but only the scale can tell!!  I will take measurements tomorrow a.m.  Things are going to be crazy the next few days with kids & their activities but will do my darndest to get my work-outs in regardless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment